Personal Injury Claims
At Ascroft Whiteside we are specialist in acting for those clients with personal injuries.
If you have sustained an injury and need legal assistance or perhaps you are not receiving the service you want from your current solicitor then feel free to call us and we will be happy to discuss the situation with you. 01253 766866
Alternately you can complete the form by clicking on the portal link at the bottom of this page and sending us details of your claim.
The Costs of bringing your claim
Our initial discussions about your injury and the possible claim will all be free of charge and if we are able to take your case on then we will be looking to offer you No Win – No Fee funding.
We have the facility to apply legal expenses insurance to cover your claims costs and to provide security for disbursements and adverse costs liability.
We will explain everything clearly and you can choose how you wish to proceed.
Important points to remember
- There is a three year time limit from the date of the accident before court proceedings must be started. While this may allow 3 years to negotiate the claim with your opponent to stand the best chance of being successful the claim should be put to the opponent as soon as possible after the accident.
- The time limit for starting court proceedings is longer if the injured person was under 18 years old or if they were not mentally capable at the time of the accident.
- You don’t have to use the solicitor appointed by your insurance company – there is freedom of choice so don’t be put off seeking advice from the solicitor you want to use.
- Treatment for your injuries on a private basis can be arranged either through our own providers.
- A personal injury claim is just a general name for a legal action which might encompass lots of different elements of loss such as loss of earnings, care, treatment, physical aids, equipment, housing and adaption, continuing treatment and so on.
We pride ourselves on obtaining the best settlement for our clients.
If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault or suffered illness as a result of someone else’s negligence, we could help you to make a personal injury claim.
We can provide help and advice in a range of circumstances, including:
- Serious injury claims
- Accident at work claims
- Accidents which have happened in a public place
- Road traffic accidents
If you would like to discuss this further with us, please contact us.
Telephone: 01253 766866