About The Firm
Ascroft Whiteside can trace its roots back to Preston solicitors “R W & A Ascroft” to at least 1871, although some evidence suggests the firm existed prior to 1869. In 1876, the same year Blackpool received its Charter as a Borough and Queen Victoria became Empress of India, the firm opened an office at 11 Church Street in Blackpool. In 1918 the firm became “Ascroft Whiteside & Co.”
Ascroft Whiteside has enjoyed several locations in Blackpool since its first office opened in the town, including Birley Street and Springfield Road, where it remained from 1957 to 2002. In January 2003 the firm moved to its current office at 303 Whitegate Drive.
For over 140 years Ascroft Whiteside has been providing legal services in Blackpool, a heritage of which the firm is extremely proud. Over that time Blackpool, Ascroft Whiteside and the law have all seen many changes but one constant has been the firm’s commitment to providing high-quality legal services at a competitive rate.
Our clients tell us that they receive a friendly, approachable and professional service.